Easyslides 5 beta 5 is now available for download! This latest release fixes issues found in Beta 4 and introduces many new features. Please try it out at Easyslides beta page.
I am happy to confirm that Easyslides 5 Beta 4 will be available at around the end of July 2020. Just a few things to note:-
- Most of the Beta 3 bugs reported through the old forums have been fixed for Beta 4.
- Most of the requested features asked for in the old forums have been added to Beta 4.
- There was a substantial rewrite of the code for Beta 4 and hence new bugs may be found in Beta 4.
- Powerpoint is no longer supported in Easyslides 5.
- New optional uploader facility will require a nominal subscription fee for account verification so as to prevent username squatting and auto-bot registrations. The uploader facility allows you to upload your worship list/schedule items to the easyslides website which means your congregation, home groups, etc. can view the prepared items from their own mobile/computer devices during the service or meeting. Uploaded items will auto delete from the website after 36 hours. The feature to upload is optional and easyslides is still completely free to use apart from that feature.
- New Forum will open a short time before Beta 4 is made available.
- Easyslides Android is still undergoing development and will not be released for a while.
- Easyslides Android is NOT going to be as functional as the Windows version. It will be an app for accessing Bibles, accessing lyrics imported from easyslides windows and receiving Easyslides multicast live projection via your LAN wifi.
Apologies for the long gap between the betas as a lot of work was required for the re-write. Thank you for being so patient during this time!
The easyslides.com website will be undergoing some changes in preparation for the introduction of Easyslides v5 for Windows and Easyslides v1 for Android later this year. The new versions of Easyslides will have new functionality integrated with the easyslides website which is incompatible with existing user accounts. All current user accounts will therefore have to be removed and users will need to re-register for a new account at easyslides.com.
The following actions will take place at easyslides.com:-
1. Registration for new accounts has been suspended with immediate effect.
2. Easyslides forum topics and posts have been closed and will be available for read-only purposes.
3. All registered user accounts at easyslides.com will be deleted permanently from 12th January 2020.
4. New user registrations will be introduced later in 2020.
5. New online forum will become available later in 2020.
Easyslides 5 Beta 4 will be available mid-May 2019. Also pleased to announce that at around the same time, there will be a beta Android version of Easyslides. It is designed for personal use but can import Easyslides lyrics and Bibles from your Windows Easyslides v5, and can be used to receive Easyslides v5 multicast live service.
Important Note: There is a Bible conversion bug in Easyslides v5 beta 3 and so you should download the bibles again in Easyslides v5 Beta 3.
Easyslides 5Beta3 is now available for download:-
This version should address most of the bugs found in the previous Beta. Some new features are also included.
I am happy to announce that Easyslides v5 beta 2 is now available for download here.
- The beta requires .NET 4.6 and therefore Windows may prompt you to download .NET v4.6 when you install the software.
- The installation will create a shortcut on your desktop. Double-click it to start easyslides v5beta2.
- When run for the first time the beta will copy and convert data from your existing easislides v4 but will keep v4 intact. You can therefore run both v4 and v5beta at the same time, on the same machine, independently of each other.
- Depending on the spec of your computer, the number of bibles and the amount of lyrics in v4, running the beta for the first time will take from a few seconds to a few minutes to complete.
- A new data folder called “EasySlidesData” is created in your “Documents” folder.
- An example frontpage for clock countdown is included under “frontpage” bottom right output panel.
- Netcast should be used carefully as it depends on your private network traffic and the system has not been thoroughly tested in a busy environment.
- The online option for importing lyrics and adding Bibles will point to the easyslides website. You can go to Zefania and OpenSong via your browser and download additional Bibles for use in easyslides.
- For technical reasons, this beta DOES NOT support Powerpoint.
- A forum will be set up shortly for users to feedback and report problems.
- Bibles will be copied and converted to XML format
- Lyrics will be copied and converted to SQLite database format
Final enhancements and bug fixing is taking more time than I expected. Even though the version is a beta, I want to ensure the software is working with minimal bugs before it is released. Therefore I am going to delay the release the software for two weeks, and shall now aim to release Easyslides v5 Beta 2 sometime on Monday 14th August 2017. Apologies to those of you who have been waiting for this beta.
Just to remind everyone that this is a Beta software and therefore it is best not to use it in a LIVE environment, as you don’t want any major issues to arise during the middle of worship of our God!
My thanks to the many of you who have emailed me recently with suggestions, words of encouragement, and offer of assistance to translate the language interface. I am in the process of adding some of those suggestions to the beta.
Some special enhancements to be introduced:-
- Import of additional online Bibles and lyrics (where available) can be done directly within Easyslides, ie. no need to go to website via browser to download, extract, etc.
- If you have lyrics (in Easyslides XML format), or Bibles (in Easyslides, Zefania, or Open Song format) and wish to share them with other Easyslides users, you can easily do so by formatting a webpage with the download links on your website, and add a specific Easyslides coding to the HTML. You can then send the URL of that webpage to another Easyslides user. That user can then paste in your supplied URL within Easyslides and import the Lyrics and Bibles directly into Easyslides.
- Bible passage lookup is made much easier. Just enter the first few characters of the book, eg. 1 Pe, and Easyslides will load the book 1 Peter. If you type 1 Pet 2, Easyslides will automatically highlight 1 Peter chapter 2, ready for you to add to Worship List, or go LIVE. You can go further by typing 1 Pe 2:2-4 and Easyslides shall automatically highlight the passage 1 Peter 2:2-4 for you to go LIVE.
- Diacritics will be stored with its normalised equivalent. For example, if you had saved the song with the lyrics “Blessèd”, a search for the normalised equivalent “Blessed” will find that diacritic version in the results.
- For the clock and countdown feature, you can format a lyrics, or an infoscreen with contents such as “The Service will start in [time 11:00]”. The live display will show the full text but will substitute “[time 11:00]” with a countdown to 11am. Or simply, if the text was “The time is [time]”, the live display will show the text but will substitute “[time]” with the current time.
- To assist the above feature, you can force a paragraph text to fit in the same page (reducing font size as appropriate) in individual settings, rather than auto-spliting into a series of pages. Previously this option can only be applied globally for all items.
- Individual song Lyrics displayed in the the Main Easyslides Window will now indent chorus and bridge lyrics to make them easier to distinguish from the normal verses.
Thank you for your continuing interest in Easyslides!
Still on course for release of EasySlides 5 Beta 2 by 31st July 2017. A lot of the internals of EasySlides have been re-written and hence the long delay in getting this version ready. Some of the new features are:-
- Ability to use Zefania and OpenSong Bibles
- Netcasting of EasySlides Live slides (Server) to other Windows PCs/tablets (Clients) on the same LAN (Wifi/Ethernet)
- Messaging between Server and Clients
- Display Clock and Countdown Timer
- Quick Bible lookup, and adhoc advance on verses
- Different aspect ratios supported, eg 4:3, 16:9, etc.
- Easier import of Bibles and Lyrics
- Multi-lingual UI allowing you to see menus, etc. in your own language (volunteers required for the translations!)
And EasySlides continues:
- to be able to display two languages at the same time (for dual-language services)
- to display lyrics, text with static or moving backgrounds
- to show alert messages on screen
- to have instant switching between Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese when using Chinese texts
Best of all, EasySlides continues to be FREE for all Christians to use in their Christian worship!