Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of the easyslides website www.easyslides.com (“Website”) and apply whether you use this Website as a guest or as a registered user. By using this Website, you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
2. Use of this Website
This Website is made available free of charge.
You do not need to register to view contents on this Website.
We do not guarantee that this Website, or any contents or functionality on it will always be kept up-to-date, or free from errors or omissions. We will not be liable to you if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
When registering, you must choose a username which is at least 6 characters in length and without spaces. Your chosen username shall form part of the URL for displaying your Website materials in the form of: www.easyslides.com/online/username.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username, password and other account security information, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through your Website account. You should not disclose your account details to third-parties but if you do, you will still be held solely responsible for any breaches of these terms and conditions originated from your account.
We have the right to disable or remove your account at any time if:
- your chosen username is a reserved username;
- your chosen username contains inappropriate word(s);
- you have not login/published using your account for a period of a year or more; or
- in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms and conditions.
If you know or suspect that your username and password has been made known to other parties without your permission, you must change your password immediately, or promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide any relevant details.
If you are a registered user you can publish text and other permissible materials (“Content”) on the Website, subject to the availability of the publishing facilities. The ways in which you publish and share Content on this Website are strictly restricted to the following two methods:
- through forum posts at the Website after you have login using your account details;
- through the publishing of temporary and time-bound listings via the easyslides software (version dependent) using your account details.
If you use your account to publish or attempt to publish Content by any other methods apart from the above two permitted methods then your account will be disabled immediately and you will not be permitted to create or use any other accounts on this Website.
Publishing Content on this Website is a complimentary service and therefore there is no obligation for us to ensure continuous availability of this service. In particular, the publishing of listings via the easyslides software is a trial service which is subject to unannounced amendments and updates and could be disabled or withdrawn at any time.
When publishing Content, you undertake to agree that:
- the Content is your own original work and is not copied or adapted from any third-party work unless you have appropriate permission or licence to publish them;
- the Content complies with the acceptable use and content standards.
- the Content shall be accurate in all material respects;
- the Content you publish on this Website will be considered non-confidential.
- the Content published via the easyslides software (version dependent):
- is temporary and time-bound;
- is deleted automatically after 36 hours;
- is subject to a maximum of 5 listings per account at any one time;
- is no more than 0.5 MB in size per listing;
- will automatically overwrite any previously uploaded Content bearing the same title.
- the frequency in which you publish your Content is reasonable and does not adversely affect the integrity or smooth running of this Website.
You warrant and represent that we also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any Content published by you to this Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the Content or accuracy of any Content published by you or by any other user of this Website.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You must not use our Website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- in any way to copy, store, send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
- in any way to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications;
- to knowingly transmit any data or material that contains computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
These content standards apply to all Content which you contribute to this Website.
- be accurate (where they state facts).
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are published.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
7. User Data Removal
You have the right to request the deletion of your user account and personal data by contacting us at email@example.com.
The deletion of your account and/or personal data shall not affect any of your Content published on this Website, which may continue to be stored by us and accessible by and other users of this Website. Our right to store and use such Content in accordance with these terms and conditions shall be unaffected.
8. Content Removal Process
We may, but shall have no obligation to, monitor the Content published on this Website and remove, edit and/or block, Content or accounts publishing Content that we determine in our sole discretion violates these terms and conditions.
If you become aware of any Content which you believe may violate these terms and conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for the Content to be removed. You’ll need to send us the web address (URL) of the content and explain why you think it should be removed. We’ll reply to let you know whether we’ll remove it.
9. Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may view and print pages from this Website for your personal use, subject to the following conditions.
You must not:
- republish material from this Website without our permission;
- sell, rent or sub-license material from this Website;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, redistribute or otherwise exploit material on this Website for a commercial purpose; or
- edit or otherwise modify any material on this Website unless they are your own material;
You may download and use all easyslides software subject to you accepting their specific terms and conditions.
10. Limitation of Liability
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence which cannot be excluded or under the law of the United Kingdom.
We are in no case liable for damages for the use of this Website, including (i) loss of profits, contracts, turnover, business, business opportunity, loss or corruption of data or recovery of data, goodwill, security breach resulting from a failure of third party telecommunications and/or the internet, anticipated savings or revenue (regardless of whether any of these are direct, indirect or consequential) (ii) any loss or damage arising in connection with liabilities to third parties (whether direct, indirect or consequential) or (iii) any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever.
We assume no responsibility for the contents of websites linked to from this Website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
If you are in breach of any of these terms and conditions, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless in respect of any costs, expenses, claims, proceedings, actions, losses, damages or liabilities incurred by us in relation to or arising from such a breach.
We may update these terms and conditions or any of the documents which are referred to herein from time to time and we will do so by amending this page and relevant pages. You should occasionally check this page and other documents which are referred to herein to check if there have been any changes as you will be bound by them. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
13. Applicable law
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Northern Ireland and you and we both submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Northern Ireland. This, however, shall not prevent us from pursuing a claim for breach of contract, copyright infringement or otherwise in respect of these terms and conditions in any other jurisdiction.
15. Contacting Us
You can contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Last Updated: 15 February 2020