Import SongSelect Lyrics (v5.1 only)
Easyslides can import SongSelect lyrics text files download from the SongSelect website. Please note that SongSelect chords layout is not supported.
Method 1 – Import SongSelect lyrics text files
- At the SongSelect website, for each of the lyrics you want, select the download option to download as a text file.
- Place all your downloaded text files into one Windows folder.
- In easyslides 5 menu, select Tools->Import.
- When the Import window appears, select the tab “Import Multiple Files”.
- Click the folder icon at ‘1’, locate and select the Windows folder which contains the downloaded files you wish to import.
- At ‘2’, select the database you wish to import the items into.
- Click Import.
- You will be informed if the import is successful. Note the imported database name and navigate to it when you exit out of import
Method 2 – Use editor and paste the lyrics
- At the SongSelect website, find the lyrics you want and when it is displayed on screen, select all the contents and copy the text (right mouse->copy).
- In easyslides 5 menu, click the button to create a new database item.
- When the Editor opens, paste in the copied contents into region 1.
- From the Editor Toolbar at the top of the editor window, click the SongSelect button (the button with the letter “S” to the left of the Font Name selection box).
- The contents in region 1 will be converted to Easyslides format. The title, author and copyright fields will also be filled with the relevant data.
- Click Save to save the lyrics ,and repeat from Step 1 above for another lyrics.