Easyslides v5.1.0 release candidate 3 available for download
1st May 2022 – v5.1.0 RC3
Version 5.1.0 release candidate 3 is intended for final testing. You can use it in a live environment if you wish but be sure to familiarise yourself with the operation of the new features before you do so.
Please check back occasionally for new candidate releases – hopefully there shouldn’t be too many before the final version!
** A special thanks to all those who helped in testing the development versions prior to this release **
- Windows 7 SP1, 8.1, 10, 11
- 4 GB memory minimum
- Sold State Drive for the Windows operation system is essential when using multiple monitors, dual regions or slideshows
Download and Install Easyslides 5.1.0RC3:
- Close easyslides 5 on your PC.
- Click here to download easyslides v510rc3.
- You may get a security warning about downloading the installation file. You can be rest assured that easyslides does not contain any harmful code.
- Once the file is downloaded, run it to install easyslides 5 (There is no need to uninstall previous versions of easyslides).
- If Windows Defender gives a security warning, click on ‘More info’ and then ‘Run anyway’.
- When installation finishes, easyslides 5 will start.
If you have any issues or problems, please raise them at the easyslides 5.1.0 Release Candidate forum.
** Please Note: Powerpoint is NOT supported in easyslides v5 **
1. If you have easislides v4 on your PC:
- When easyslides 5 first starts, it will inform you that easislides v4 data will be converted to v5 format and that a new EasySlidesData folder will be created in My Documents.
- Click OK to proceed.
- Easyslides 5 will start to convert your easislides v4 database and Bibles into easyslides v5 format. Your existing easislides v4 will be kept intact.
- Depending on the spec of your computer, the number of bibles and the amount of lyrics in v4, the conversion will take from a few seconds to a few minutes to complete.
- When the conversion completes, easyslides 5 main window will open and you can start using it right away.
2. If you didn’t have easislides v4 on your PC:
- Easyslides 5 comes with some public domain lyrics and Bibles which you can use straight away when easyslides 5 opens.
3. If you want to re-run the easislides v4 to easyslides v5 conversion:
- If so wished, you can re-run the conversion from v4 to v5 again so long as you haven’t deleted the original easislides v4 folder at c:\easislides.
- To do so, close easyslides 5 first.
- Delete or rename the folder EasySlidesData in My Documents to something else.
- Start easyslides 5 and you will be given a number of options.
- Choose convert easislides v4 to Easyslides 5.
- Click OK and easyslides will start the conversion.
4. Name/Concept Changes in easyslides v5
- Lyrics folder is now known as database
- A particular song in the folder is now called an item
- Worship List is now known as Schedule
- Praisebook is now known as Booklet
- Lyrics Monitor/Confidence Monitor is now known as Stage Display
- Powerpoint is NOT supported in easyslides v5
Changelog since v5.0.1
Issues and Resolutions:
- When moving a database item to another database, the item was copied but the original item was still in the source database – issue fixed, item is removed from the source database after the move
- When editing a database item, changing the folder/database and saving the item did not save the item in the new folder/database – issue fixed
- Repeat checkbox in media settings had no effect during live screen – issue fixed
- Saving individual template settings did not save all the settings – issue fixed
- Search Phrase repeated in list of database items during search – issue fixed
- In Source tab, could not enter subfolders in Documents and Media – issue fixed
- In Settings, Media folder changes not saved – issue fixed
- F2, F3, F4 keys did not function properly – issue fixed
- Usages could not be deleted – issue fixed
- Rotate Group and Listing not grouped correctly – issue fixed
- Move/delete remove author with leading/trialling spaces problem – issue fixed
- Move easyslides data folder location can bring up a error when moving to a route directory – issue fixed
- Confidence Monitor sidebar font sizes not saved – issue fixed
- Text in dual regions sometimes overflows beyond screen – issue fixed
New and Amended Features:
- ** the individual settings templates default folder has been relocated from
- to \Admin\Templates\Individuals
- You will need to manually copy or move the files to the relocated folder to use them.
- Publisher uploading facilities no longer available
- New font shadow depth and font outline width options
- New default template settings for new schedules and booklets
- Image subfolders can be removed permanently if desired
- Usages functionality enhanced
- Region 2 Bible dropdown can be disabled in the main window
- Subtitle functionality enhanced
- Database searches will display the associated databases
- General alert functionality enhanced
- New Slide Show thumbnails – for performance reasons, maximum images in a slide show is set to 100
- Repositioning of some tabs and new New Adhoc Bibles tab added on Main Screen
- Option to select the default user profile or a shared user profile
- Optional template for each Bible
- Rotation and Media playback functions enhanced
- Additional formatting for CCLI compliance
- New option to convert pasted in SongSelect layout style lyrics in Edit Item and Infoscreen
- Additional option to display slideshow by created date