Easyslides v5.1.0 release candidate 6 available for download
19 July 2022 – v5.1.0 RC6
Version 5.1.0 release candidate 6 is now available for general testing. This should be the last release candidate and the next version will become the official v5.1 in the next release. When the final v5.1 is released, please note that if you run a release candidate version, a pop up will appear to inform you that a new final v5.1 version is available. The release candidate will still function fully after you dismiss the pop up message.
Important: A new Tag heading means that the shortcut and sequence ‘t’ for Chorus 2 will now be used for Tag, and Chorus 2 will use ‘d’ instead. You don’t need to do anything as Easyslides will adjust automatically when an affected item is displayed.
- Windows 7 SP1, 8.1, 10, 11
- 4 GB memory minimum
- Sold State Drive for the Windows operation system is essential when using multiple monitors, dual regions or slideshows
Download and Install Easyslides 5.1.0RC6:
- Close easyslides 5 on your PC.
- Click here to download easyslides v510rc6.
- You may get a security warning about downloading the installation file. You can be rest assured that easyslides does not contain any harmful code.
- Once the file is downloaded, run it to install easyslides 5 (There is no need to uninstall previous versions of easyslides).
- If Windows Defender gives a security warning, click on ‘More info’ and then ‘Run anyway’.
- When installation finishes, easyslides 5 will start.
If you have any issues or problems, please raise them at the easyslides 5.1.0 Release Candidate forum.
1. If you have easislides v4 on your PC:
- When easyslides 5 first starts, it will inform you that easislides v4 data will be converted to v5 format and that a new EasySlidesData folder will be created in My Documents.
- Click OK to proceed.
- Easyslides 5 will start to convert your easislides v4 database and Bibles into easyslides v5 format. Your existing easislides v4 will be kept intact.
- Depending on the spec of your computer, the number of bibles and the amount of lyrics in v4, the conversion will take from a few seconds to a few minutes to complete.
- When the conversion completes, easyslides 5 main window will open and you can start using it right away.
2. If you didn’t have easislides v4 on your PC:
- Easyslides 5 comes with some public domain lyrics and Bibles which you can use straight away when easyslides 5 opens.
3. If you want to re-run the easislides v4 to easyslides v5 conversion:
- If so wished, you can re-run the conversion from v4 to v5 again so long as you haven’t deleted the original easislides v4 folder at c:\easislides.
- To do so, close easyslides 5 first.
- Delete or rename the folder EasySlidesData in My Documents to something else.
- Start easyslides 5 and you will be given a number of options.
- Choose convert easislides v4 to Easyslides 5.
- Click OK and easyslides will start the conversion.
4. Name/Concept Changes in easyslides v5
- Lyrics folder is now known as database
- A particular song in the folder is now called an item
- Worship List is now known as Schedule
- Praisebook is now known as Booklet
- Lyrics Monitor/Confidence Monitor is now known as Stage Display
Changelog since v5.0.1
Issues and Resolutions:
- When moving a database item to another database, the item was copied but the original item was still in the source database – issue fixed, item is removed from the source database after the move
- When editing a database item, changing the folder/database and saving the item did not save the item in the new folder/database – issue fixed
- Repeat checkbox in media settings had no effect during live screen – issue fixed
- Saving individual template settings did not save all the settings – issue fixed
- Search Phrase repeated in list of database items during search – issue fixed
- In Source tab, could not enter subfolders in Documents and Media – issue fixed
- In Settings, Media folder changes not saved – issue fixed
- F2, F3, F4 keys did not function properly – issue fixed
- Usages could not be deleted – issue fixed
- Rotate Group and Listing not grouped correctly – issue fixed
- Move/delete remove author with leading/trialling spaces problem – issue fixed
- Move easyslides data folder location can bring up a error when moving to a route directory – issue fixed
- Confidence Monitor sidebar font sizes not saved – issue fixed
- Text in dual regions sometimes overflows beyond screen – issue fixed
- RC3 – issues:-
When editing, saved Admin1 does not display – issue fixed
Stage Display sidebar size not saved – issue fixed
Infoscreens without titles on the schedule keeps disappearing – issue fixed
Background picture on Infoscreens need to be removed before a new one is inserted – issued fixed
- RC4 – issues:-
Line break for new screen not functioning – issue fixed
- RC5 – issues:-
Subtitle did not reduce in size correctly when aligned below a certain level – issue fixed
New and Amended Features:
- ** the individual settings templates default folder has been relocated from
- to \Admin\Templates\Individuals
- You will need to manually copy or move the files to the relocated folder to use them.
- Publisher uploading facilities no longer available
- New font shadow depth and font outline width options
- New default template settings for new schedules and booklets
- Image subfolders can be removed permanently if desired
- Usages functionality enhanced
- Region 2 Bible dropdown can be disabled in the main window
- Subtitle functionality enhanced
- Database searches will display the associated databases
- General alert functionality enhanced
- New Slide Show thumbnails – for performance reasons, maximum images in a slide show is set to 100
- Repositioning of some tabs and new New Adhoc Bibles tab added on Main Screen
- Option to select the default user profile or a shared user profile
- Optional template for each Bible
- Rotation and Media playback functions enhanced
- Additional formatting for CCLI compliance
- New option to convert pasted in SongSelect layout style lyrics in Edit Item and Infoscreen
- Additional option to display slideshow by created date
- Import Opensong, OpenLP, and SongSelect Text files
- New Controller Option from a network multicast PC
- New headings available: PreChorus 3, PreChorus 4, Chorus 3, Chorus 4, Bridge 3, Bridge 4, Tag, Intro
- New Powerpoint integration
- Built in safety margin reduced so that text can reach closer to the edge of screen. With some fonts, the text may go beyond the screen – this is a feature and to adjust, increase left/right margins.
You can download the earlier v510RC5 if you experience any issues with RC6:- Click here to download easyslides v510rc5