Song Sequence and

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,
      Our church has been a user of Easislides for many years (v4.02) & I used to be a member on the old site & forum.
      I was starting to think Easyslides & development of the software was no more, which was a shame. but just came across the new site & v5 beta today…excellent so pleased to see this brilliant piece of software is getting developed again. many thanks to Wai Kuen Mo & the team who are behind it, its great you are still here.

I’ve had a quick play with beta3 & I do like the look of the new GUI, especailly like the media player popup in the Live area for videos & mp3s.

I have however found some bugs (i think), I’ve had a look through the other reports & cannot find these ones.
      In our v4 set up we have a song folder “Tracks for Communion”, every song in the folder is associated with an mp3/4, so that the track plays automatically with the words, but we have also spent a lot of time using the “Sequence” tool in the editor (under the “Rotate Style”) to automate the changing of the slides/words in time with the mp3/4.
      this has enabled us to display one line at a time or build the lines (line 1, line 2, line 3, etc) fitting around or in a background image/video.
      It can take a lot of time & patience to do, but well worth it & the operator can participate in communion.
      In beta 3 I tested a couple of these tracks, the track played, but the words didn’t show or sequence! I opened one song in editor to check if the sequence timings were still there in the new DB, they were, but I’ve found 2 things wrong in each song =:
      1, the ‘sequence’ doesn’t recognise some of the ‘verse’ options & replaces them with a number:
      Prechorus now = 111
      Chorus2 now = 102
      Bridge now = 100
      ending now = 101
      I think these are the values in the xml under ‘settings’
      this in turn has caused;
      2, as the ‘sequence’ doesn’t recogonise the ‘verse’ option it has removed it from the saved timings, therefore corrupting the timings.
      I can re-add the verse headings into the sequence, but the timings are still lost & would have to rebuild the timings
      I rebuilt one song & it now works.
      As another test I exported one song as an xml from v4 & imported it into beta3, but same result.

2 other bugs (I think);
      <#> at the end of a song title (for associated mp3s) – it now only displays the <#> at the end of a song title in the worship list, BUT not in the library/folder list.
      Song editor – ‘verses’ used to be in red, they stood out more when we were checking through them, is it possible to put it back to red?

many thanks Jim

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Version 5 Beta – Report a Bug’ is closed to new topics and replies.