Song Sequence and

Welcome Forums Version 5 Beta – Report a Bug Song Sequence and

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jim B 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

Jim B
    Participant

Hi,
    Our church has been a user of Easislides for many years (v4.02) & I used to be a member on the old site & forum.
    I was starting to think Easyslides & development of the software was no more, which was a shame. but just came across the new site & v5 beta today…excellent so pleased to see this brilliant piece of software is getting developed again. many thanks to Wai Kuen Mo & the team who are behind it, its great you are still here.

I’ve had a quick play with beta3 & I do like the look of the new GUI, especailly like the media player popup in the Live area for videos & mp3s.

I have however found some bugs (i think), I’ve had a look through the other reports & cannot find these ones.
    In our v4 set up we have a song folder “Tracks for Communion”, every song in the folder is associated with an mp3/4, so that the track plays automatically with the words, but we have also spent a lot of time using the “Sequence” tool in the editor (under the “Rotate Style”) to automate the changing of the slides/words in time with the mp3/4.
    this has enabled us to display one line at a time or build the lines (line 1, line 2, line 3, etc) fitting around or in a background image/video.
    It can take a lot of time & patience to do, but well worth it & the operator can participate in communion.
    In beta 3 I tested a couple of these tracks, the track played, but the words didn’t show or sequence! I opened one song in editor to check if the sequence timings were still there in the new DB, they were, but I’ve found 2 things wrong in each song =:
    1, the ‘sequence’ doesn’t recognise some of the ‘verse’ options & replaces them with a number:
    Prechorus now = 111
    Chorus2 now = 102
    Bridge now = 100
    ending now = 101
    I think these are the values in the xml under ‘settings’
    this in turn has caused;
    2, as the ‘sequence’ doesn’t recogonise the ‘verse’ option it has removed it from the saved timings, therefore corrupting the timings.
    I can re-add the verse headings into the sequence, but the timings are still lost & would have to rebuild the timings
    I rebuilt one song & it now works.
    As another test I exported one song as an xml from v4 & imported it into beta3, but same result.

2 other bugs (I think);
    <#> at the end of a song title (for associated mp3s) – it now only displays the <#> at the end of a song title in the worship list, BUT not in the library/folder list.
    Song editor – ‘verses’ used to be in red, they stood out more when we were checking through them, is it possible to put it back to red?

many thanks Jim

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.